Providing emotional and financial support to families living with cystic fibrosis
The specific purpose of Claire’s Place Foundation is to provide heart felt help to children and young adults diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis, as well as their families, for the purpose of improving their quality of life. We hope to accomplish this by heightening awareness and providing education, skills, financial and emotional support.
- Prompt processing of grant applications and responses to support requests;
- Wise stewardship of resources;
- Vetting trusted avenues in the community in order to raise awareness about cystic fibrosis on a national and global level.
How We Fulfill Our Mission
- Making grants to support families living with cystic fibrosis, through the generosity of our donors, throughout the United States.
- Connecting families who are isolated and in need of support to our group of “Support Families” through email, Skype or telephone.
- Educating the community by engaging in public speaking, newsletters, press and media related to cystic fibrosis.
- Encouraging individuals, families and businesses to partner with us to fulfill our charitable goals.
- Attracting and enlisting an active, qualified and professional board of directors who are involved in all of the business practices and assist in fulfilling our mission.
Claire’s Place Foundation, Inc. is a 501c3 non-profit organization providing support to children and families affected by cystic fibrosis (CF). Claire’s Place Foundation is named in honor of Claire Wineland, now a teenager, who has been living with CF her entire life. The foundation provides grants to families affected by CF, offering both emotional and financial support. A young author of bestseller “Every Breath I Take, Surviving andThriving with Cystic Fibrosis,” Claire’s unique inspirational model for people living with this disease has led her to be a TEDx Speaker and receive multiple awards including FoxTeen Choice Awards 2015, Gloria Barron Prize for Young Heroes, Southbay Magazine’s“Top 10 South Bay Teen”, Looking Beyond LA’s “Soaring Spirit Award,” and winner of Los Angeles Business Journal’s “Small Nonprofit of the Year.” She has been featured on Inside Edition, The Dr. Oz Show, CNN, Huffington Post, ABC News, Cosmopolitan Magazine, People Magazine, Ladies’ Home Journal and many more. Claire’s Place Foundation is a way for Claire to give back with hope, strength, and joy and make meaning of what she has had to go through.