We understand the financial stress that can occur when children with cystic fibrosis have extended stays in the hospital, often in a city far from home. Claire’s Place Foundation, Inc. has set up a special cache of funds available to families with children that are experiencing a hospital stay of at least 14 consecutive days or have experienced within the last calendar year.
If you or your family is in this extended stay position, please apply for financial assistance to help with mortgage, rent, utilities or any other basic necessities by asking your hospital worker to reach out to us by sending a letter of referral on your behalf. Once the letter is received, an application will be sent in reply to be forwarded to the family. The number and amount of assistance will be determined by the board of directors depending on the amount of funds available at the time the application and referral are received.
Eligibility for our Extended Hospital Stay Fund Program is as follows:
1. Any child or young adult diagnosed with cystic fibrosis who has experienced a 14 consecutive day hospital stay within the last calendar year.
2. In order to review the request for financial assistance, a hospital professional (Doctor, Nurse or Social Worker) must send a letter of referral.
This letter may be sent via facsimile, email or postal service:
- Email: email@example.com
- FAX: 480-393-4979
- Mail: Claire’s Place Foundation
2110 Artesia Blvd, Ste 819
Redondo Beach, CA 90278
Please include the following information in initial referral:
- Patient’s full name, date of birth, and diagnosis
- Name of parents or caregivers
- Past treatment information
- Dates of qualifying hospital stay (must be a minimum of 14 consecutive days)
- Contact information of hospital worker for verification
Financial assistance is typically a one-time payment for approved applicants paid to a third party vendor on applicant’s behalf. After this one time payment, additional letters of request from the hospital professional may be submitted to Claire’s Place Foundation if further assistance is needed.
Thank you so much for your interest in our program. If you are a child with cystic fibrosis or a family member of a child with cystic fibrosis interested in applying for our extended hospital stay financial assistance, please have your hospital worker, social worker or doctor contact us by sending a letter of referral. Email referral ensures quickest processing of grant: firstname.lastname@example.org