Many families are frustrated by the lack of financial assistance that is often desperately
needed once their child has been diagnosed with a chronic illness. Many times, only one spouse is working. Sometimes, it is just a single parent without work trying to take care of a sick child. As the bills pile up, parents often feel overwhelmed and can’t find anywhere to turn when they can’t make ends meet. That is where we hope to provide assistance and help relieve the burden that has become so great for them.
The Life Support Program of Claire’s Place Foundation, Inc. hopes to bridge the gap and add to the quality of life for the patients as well as the families affected over an extended period of time. Participants can petition the foundation for assistance with long term, or ongoing assistance. The request for assistance process starts by submitting an application and essay along with a referral by their CF center Social Worker, Nurse or Doctor. Financial assistance awards vary based on case-by-case situations. These gifts are designed to help with long term, on-going expenses that will add to the quality of life for the patient and/or the family affected by cystic fibrosis.
Eligibility for referral to our program follows:
1. Any family with a dependent diagnosed with cystic fibrosis is eligible for consideration
2. In order to review the request for financial assistance, a hospital professional (Doctor, Nurse or Social Worker) must send a letter of support along with the application. This initial letter of referral may be sent via facsimile, email or postal service and should include the following:
- Child’s full name, date of birth, and diagnosis
- Name of parents or caregiver
- Past treatment information
- Dates of recent hospitalizations (last 2 years)
Financial assistance is a typically a one-time gift for approved applicants but can be utilized over a long period of time including monthly payments to a third party on the family’s behalf.
Thank you so much for your interest in our program. If you are a child with cystic fibrosis or a family member of a child with cystic fibrosis interested in applying for our life support program or extended hospital stay financial assistance, please have your hospital social worker contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.