Thank you so much for your interest in supporting our efforts here at Claire’s Place Foundation. We feel that the secret weapon that sets us apart is our enthusiastic, committed community of people affected by cystic fibrosis, their loved ones, their families and people who followed and loved our Founder, Claire Wineland. We are so grateful to have you all on our team!
Here are a few tools to help you start your own online Peer to Peer campaign supporting our COVID-19 Emergency Relief Program through our donation site FUNRAISE. Raise just $100 from your friends and family and receive one of these custom, limited edition 1.5″ enamel pins. Raise $200 and receive both!
COVID-19 Relief Fund by the numbers:
- Program rolled out March 20th
- CPF awarded 66 Emergency Grants ($11,150 Awarded)
- Household Impact – 300 individuals
- COVID-19 Fund WAITLIST- 87 applications (aprox. $15,000 funds to fulfill this need)
- $16,930 total donations received
- 100% of donations go directly toward the Emergency Fund
- Please go to FUNRAISE.ORG to view our COVID 19 Relief Fund Campaign Page.
- Once there, click the “Fundraise” button in the upper right hand side of the page
- Choose the option “Fundraise on my own” or “Start a Team” (note: The team setting will require you to create a group effort where each of your team members also become fundraisers. The “fundraise on my own” option makes you the only fundraiser that can request donations from your friends and family)
- Create your individual fundraising page by uploading an image of either yourself of one of our COVID 19 Grant Recipients or even a special picture of our Founder, Claire Wineland that you can find below in Digital Assets.
- Write a few sentences about why you are fundraising for Claire’s Place Foundation. There are a few mission guidelines to keep in mind when talking about our organization and the vulnerable community we serve. You can find all of that information in the section below titled “Mission, Vision and Values”.
- Set a goal! We are giving out our custom, limited edition enamel pins pictured above with Claire Wineland’s image and one of her most famous quotes “Live a Life you are Proud of” as a gift to any of our fabulous fundraisers that reach their goals. (*Minimum goal is $100 and you will earn 1 pin, $200 for 2 pins)
- SHARE this fundraiser far and wide! We have been blessed by an enthusiastic group of supporters, especially those who followed our late founder Claire Wineland on many of her social channels. Now is the time to step up and be heard. Let’s get our community some much needed support during this pandemic. Claire would be so proud of all of you!
Please be sure to familiarize yourself with our mission, vision and values by following this link. It’s important to represent what we stand for in your community and to be able to answer questions should any of your donors want to know more.
Feel free to right click on any and all of these images to save and use with your social media posts or on your campaign page:
#Hashtags and Verbage
Members of the cystic fibrosis, or CF, community are extremely vulnerable during this COVID-19 pandemic. A small community worldwide, they are often underserved and overlooked. Please consider making a donation today to my campaign for Claire’s Place Foundation to help them provide emergency grants for basic supplies and groceries for families in isolation. The waitlist for their COVID 19 Emergency Relief Program is growing by the day!
Please use this primary hashtag in all your posts: #CPFCOVIDsupport
Please be sure to tag us on social media posts so we can help spread the word:
Twitter: Claire Wineland
Example Social Media Posts
We have the best response when posting caption along with a compelling image. Please feel free to download any of the images in the photo carousel above to include with your post. You do not need to use these exact words, feel free to make it yours! This is simply a few examples to help you get started:
“Every day, people with CF are reaching out to us. Every day, someone is struggling to simply put food on the table, which is made more difficult because of the pandemic. If you are fortunate enough to be able to spare just a little bit of money, it could make a world of difference for those who are more vulnerable in our community. We have to raise each other up. (Add a link to your campaign page here)
“THIS IS A CALL TO ACTION! The cystic fibrosis community needs your help! Their emergency fund has already been depleted and there are more people who have contacted us for urgent needs! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, help me spread the word, (insert your campaign page link here) to donate now!
Actor Justin Baldoni Direct Quote, please tag @justinbaldoni: “Many individuals living with CF have been forced to quarantine for the majority of their lives due to common bacteria and viruses. Now, COVID-19 has left them with no options, and many with no work to pay medical bills and they are forced to be completely isolated.” Help our community, by heading to (insert your fundraising campaign page link here)
Form Letter Example
Feel free to copy and paste the following letter in to an email to send to family and friends. Also, encourage them to share your campaign even if they cannot make a donation. The more eyes, the better!
I am doing my part during this COVID-19 pandemic and trying to make a difference for the cystic fibrosis community. Cystic Fibrosis, or CF, is a genetic illness that affects the lungs and is progressive and terminal. People living with this disease are considered to be in one of the highest risk categories hence they have been in isolation for much longer than the rest of the country.
Please consider making even a small donation to my campaign so we can help fund the COVID-19 Emergency Relief Program being offered by Claire’s Place Foundation. You can find my personal campaign page here: (Insert your campaign page link)
My goal is ______ and your help would mean so much to me and to the countless individuals needing our help.
Thank you so much,