Many of the CF individuals and families we serve are already living dangerously close to the poverty line, often with only one income earner in the home. Our CF young adults are depending very slim SSDI payments while struggling with extensive health issues and trying to support themselves.
The Emergency COVID-19 Fund will address the need in our CF community to cover costs of food insecurity, extensive medical and prescription drug co-pays during this pandemic due to isolation or loss of income.
- If you are an individual with CF or a caregiver in this situation, please forward this page to your hospital worker and request that they refer you directly through the submission button below.
- This emergency cache of funds is limited to providing small grants to individuals with CF or their caregivers if food/medication availability issues arise due to lack of finances that are caused by the COVID-19 restrictions.
- The program will be available starting on 3/20/20 and continuing until funds are exhausted. If you are a supporter of our mission and have the means, please make even a small donation here to help us rise to this occasion.
- A hospital professional worker must submit a referral describing the financial need and diagnosis. This includes Social Workers, Doctors and Nurses.
- Patient or dependent must have a confirmed cystic fibrosis diagnosis
Once referral is approved, an application link will be sent to the patient at the email address provided in the referral.
- This fund will not cover mortgage, rent, bills, etc. If the patient has had a 14 consecutive day hospital stay in the last calendar year and needs assistance with those expenses, please visit our Extended Hospital Stay Grant program for more information.