Because of our Emergency COVID-19 Fund Grant, “I will be able to pay extra to do grocery pick up instead of risking the health of my kids by going in the stores.”
~COVID-19 Emergency Fund Recipient
We think it’s important to show you where your donations are going and who every dollar impacts.
Today is #GivingTuesdayNow, a day where the country is coming together to support charities providing assistance during COVID-19 and we need your help!
Please consider starting a peer to peer fundraising campaign today to help us reach our goal. We currently have a very long waiting list of families needing assistance with groceries and supplies, families dealing with cystic fibrosis, which makes them especially vulnerable to this illness. Our CF members and their families have been in quarantine longer than most of America due to the grave effects this virus can have on their already damaged lungs.
Create a campaign by following these steps and win our limited edition custom enamel pin set. Raise $100 and receive 1 pin, raise $200 to receive both
- Please go to FUNRAISE.ORG to view our COVID 19 Relief Fund Campaign Page.
- Once there, click the “Fundraise” button in the upper right hand side of the page
- Choose the option “Fundraise on my own” or “Start a Team” (note: The team setting will require you to create a group effort where each of your team members also become fundraisers. The “fundraise on my own” option makes you the only fundraiser that can request donations from your friends and family)
- Create your individual fundraising page by uploading an image of either yourself of one of our COVID 19 Grant Recipients or even a special picture of our Founder, Claire Wineland that you can all of this in the tab “COVID-19 Toolkit” at the top of the Funraise page or HERE
- Write a few sentences about why you are fundraising for Claire’s Place Foundation. There are a few mission guidelines to keep in mind when talking about our organization and the vulnerable community we serve. You can find all of that information in the section below titled “Mission, Vision and Values”.
- Set a goal! We are giving out our custom, limited edition enamel pins pictured above with Claire Wineland’s image and one of her most famous quotes “Live a Life you are Proud of” as a gift to any of our fabulous fundraisers that reach their goals. (*Minimum goal is $100 and you will earn 1 pin, $200 for 2 pins)
- SHARE this fundraiser far and wide! We have been blessed by an enthusiastic group of supporters, especially those who followed our late founder Claire Wineland on many of her social channels. Now is the time to step up and be heard. Let’s get our community some much needed support during this pandemic. Claire would be so proud of all of you!
If you are unable to create your own page, please consider donating here: https://clairesplacec-19fund.funraise.org/
Help us strengthen the CF Community when they need us the most!
|Today would have been Claire’s 23rd birthday,we are celebrating her in 2 ways!|
|Exclusive Claire Performance of “Galaxies”, her original song!|
First, a never before released video of her singing her original song “Galaxies” when she was 15 years old. Pieces of this song were in the soundtrack of her YouTube Originals Claire | The Documentary released last year and we have had many people ask for the entire song.
We love that people are doing #quarantineconcerts right now during this coronavirus pandemic so we thought it would be a fun way to participate. Hope you enjoy! You can go to her YouTube channel to view the lyrics as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riUV4P1_ddI
|Join us for Virtual Birthday Cake!|
Secondly, we are hosting a “virtual birthday party” for her over the next few weeks where you can participate by purchasing a slice of cake, ice cream, balloons and even host your own party in her honor!You can find all the details about this virtual celebration by clicking below or going to clairesbirthday.funraise.org/Celebrate Here
Many of the CF individuals and their families we serve are already living dangerously close to the poverty line, often with only one income earner in the home or living on SSDI if a young adult struggling with extensive health issues and trying to support themselves.
The Emergency COVID-19 Fund will address the need in our CF community to cover costs of food insecurity, extensive medical and prescription drug co-pays during this pandemic due to isolation or loss of income.
- If you are an individual with CF or a caregiver in this situation, please forward this page to your hospital worker and request that they refer you directly through the submission button below.
- This emergency cache of funds is limited to providing Visa gift cards to individuals with CF or their caregivers if food/medication availability issues arise due to lack of finances for the next month that are caused by the COVID-19 restrictions.
- The program will be available starting on 3/20 and will continue depending on funds available. If you are a supporter of our mission and have the means, please make even a small donation here to help us rise to this occasion.
- A hospital professional worker must submit a referral describing the financial need and diagnosis. This includes Social Workers, Doctors and Nurses.
- Patient or dependent must have a confirmed cystic fibrosis diagnosis
Once referral is approved, an application link will be sent to the patient at the email address provided in the referral.
- This fund will not cover mortgage, rent, bills, etc. If the patient has had a 14 consecutive day hospital stay in the last calendar year and needs assistance with those expenses, please visit our Extended Hospital Stay Grant program for more information.